What I Pulled Off in 2012 (or at least tried to)
I‘ve been sitting here trying to come up with a way to describe this year, but it just hasn’t come easy for me. A few days ago, I was sitting at my desk completing the glory boarding worksheet created by Danielle LaPorte, and then it all hit me…how I would describe my year that is. Glory boarding is basically chronicling your victories and accomplishments-singing your own praises. As I was doing the activity, I could not help but to reflect on everything I did and experienced this year. So I’ll go ahead and share some of what I jotted down with you and some of the images that I instagrammed through out the year to go along with it.
1. Inspired: Myself. I blew my own damn mind. Sometimes you must.
2. Produced: A documentary short and a social good photography campaign. In 2011 I was determined to get certain things that were”stuck in my head”-OUT. I was tired of dreaming and talking about things and was ready to put all those things into action in 2012. I did. Sorta. I began the production of a short documentary with the working title of “Afropolitan Women in America”. I started my I Am the Change photography project. Both projects had to be put on hold toward the end of this year for reasons, BUT PLEASE BELIEVE 2013 will be the year of completion for both of those projects.
3. Traveled: to NYC 3 times, North Carolina 3 times, London 2 times, through out Germany, Milan, Italy, and to Switzerland. In 2011 I knew I wanted to live in spend a lot of time in Europe and travel a lot; I just had no idea that things would happen the way they did.
4. Organized: my photography/creative media business. I am finally finding my niche, getting into the groove of being the type of photographer and creative professional I want to be, and doing the type of work and photography that pleases me while attracting my ideal clients.
5. Transformed: my thoughts, my dreams into reality, and my faith.
What did you pull off in 2012? Let’s do it again in 2013 and beyond!